Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Esmeralda goes on a Trip!


Well, I've joined in a travel doll challenge where we make a small doll (10") and then we send it to 5 people on our list from all over the world and they each keep the doll for 2 weeks. They will also be sending me their dolls as well.


During this 2 weeks you take the doll all around the "world" that you live in, taking photos etc. then when the 2 weeks is up you pass the doll on and get a new one until we each get a chance to visit with all 5 dolls.


I found this very challenging because as a new doll artist I'm still very critical of my work, and I know that most of the people in this club are all wonderful seasoned doll artists. Very intimidating!!!


Anyway I finally stopped working on her... and she is what she is. Definitly not my best work, but it's funny because she ended up looking a little like my mom. She has the same crooked nose my mom had. No matter how I tried to fix it, it just stayed crooked. I didn't notice it until I saw the pictures. It's so funny.


Anyway her name is Esmeralda because she is very prim & proper, ready for travel in her faux fur and long skirt suit. However...I think with a little prodding she can be quite the party girl. We'll see.....


I'll keep you up to date as I get the dolls.

Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment