Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Christmas Doll Raffle?















I've been working diligently on a Christmas doll that I might put in for a raffle for the church fair. It depends how it comes out. Since it will be a representation of my work it really has to be good so I'll wait and see what happens. I don't have much time left so I'm just cranking it out. Here are some pics of the process so far.
She's made from a large brass candlestick. Her head is sculpted paperclay over a styrophome ball stuffed into the top of the candlestick and her body is wired around the candlestick with cloth over it. Her dress is made from old lace and her cape is made from an old velvet dress I found at the thrift shop. it has this large beading in the back but I didn't take a pic of that yet.

She will have a matching white muff to match her white fur hat. Still very much a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment